Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 5: Starting to Like This

I woke up today on my own, without an alarm - early, but I actually slept through the night, hard, with very vivid dreams. This have been more and more apparent since Monday. Honestly, it is probably the lack of afternoon coffee.

I am feeling really good, but I weighed myself and I have lost 7 pounds since Monday. I am not trying to lose weight and I can't really afford to, so I am going to have to be careful and watch that. I have seriously been eating a lot and often, so I am not sure how it is even possible, but I guess the lack of junk is probably to blame. I find that if I lose muscle and weight in general, it becomes even easier for big blockers to rail me. I like having some meat on me, so I can produce the quick hops and combat those big hits (Yaya!)

So, I made myself a post scrimmage creamy "milkshake" and it was amazing. I blended some high (but good) fat items to help me stay above 130. Here is what it looked like - I highly, highly recommend:
- 8 oz water (I know, I know, how could it be creamy....)
- 1 scoop of egg white protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1 coconut covered date (these are just mashed dates rolled in coconut flakes foud at Rainbow or any similar hippy store - thoe are the only 2 ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter (I use the bulk kind from Rainbow - it is literally just raw almonds, nothing else and it is LIKE CRACK, sooooo yummy)

I made it through scrimmage ok last night - I felt a little weak right in the middle and had a headache, but I drank a coconut water and it helped. I don't think it weakened my performance, so that is good. I feel confident about going in to a game tomorrow and then the travel team scrimmage on Sunday - I don't even think I will have to cheat, but I am still not against it for the game sake (by "cheat," I mean on thediet, not playing dirty).

When I got home last night from work, the Paleo Diet for Athletes had come in the mail. I didn't have time to read it because I had to run off to scrimmage, but when I got home I stayed up pretty late reading it. There are recipes! I am a little skeptical of the ones with raw egg whites, but I am committed to trying it.

My montra today:
Fuel fuel fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment