Sunday, March 13, 2011

Officially Starting!!!!

Paleo Diet
Ok, why are you going on a diet, Miss Profane, you might ask? Well, I decided that I need to start eating cleaner (I seriously eat crap all day long - it's shameful), I want to feel less tired all the time (I try to combat this with around 85 cups of coffee and it is starting to make me feel crazy), I need to step up my derby game, and (most importantly) I want to help my fiance loose weight (it doesn't help Jo when all I cook is junk. I am also on about a pint a day ice cream habit and he has a weakness for honey-lavendar from Birite).
Belle Right Hooks got me the Paleo cookbook for my birthday and today I went grocery shopping and planned our week of meals. If one thing is going to deter me from continuing this diet beyond 30 days, it is the maintenance level of the shopping. Seriously. I had to trek out to three different grocery stores to find all the shit on my 3 page list. The Paleo diet is all lean meats, veggies, fruit and nuts, so it is not cheap. I won't be going out to eat, so that will help my pocketbook out, but yikes!
I prepared all my meals for tomorrow and I am ready to go. Follow my blog if you want. Point and laugh at me on the street. You may find my standing uncomfortably close to your bacon cheeseburger and drooling. I have never really dieted. I might become totally mean. I can't be held accountable for what I will turn into without ice cream.
I have some friends who have agreed to be tortured on the diet as well. That should help. My apologies go out to Jo, Pam, Taxi, Mace, G$ and Belle in advance. 


Weight: 140 lbs
Energy Level: LOW

1 comment: