Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day One, check

So following the actual diet plan was totally doable. Practice, on the other hand, was totally not. I had absolutely no get up and go in my step. No hops. I was SLOW. And tired.
I am hoping this sluggishness may be temporary. I am clearly doing something wrong. So, I am getting the Paleo for Athletes book and I am hoping following that will help. My body may also be detoxing. Maybe it is freaking out from all that lack of ice cream. Is it possible to withdraw from ice cream?
I also think I need to be a little better about planning. I hadn't made chicken broth so the only thing I could make from the groceries I had was tuna, which would be fine if I hadn't had salmon for breakfast and talapia for lunch. I don't even wanna know my murcury levels right now!
Ok, learning as I go.
Jo didn't cheat all all. Good job, Jo!

4 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest that book to you!! I am in love with it. Pre-training fuel and recovery are super important to athletes, and it has some awesome recomendations!! stoked for you and Jo on your Paleo Adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you doing workouts in addition to practice? or alternating days? (not sure what your routine is like). curious as to which Paleo books you've read/would recommend ... I guess I'll find out as you go. A friend of mine switched over to paleo a while ago and swears by it. can't wait to hear how you like it and how it works for you! right on, ivy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks 'fectious! Are you on it? How long? I was such a slug at practice last night, I need some tricks/advice. Let me know if you have any, especially for pre-practice fuel.
    xo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I am trying to do additional off skates when I can, averaging about 2 days a week. I want to incorporate running or these "Insanity" dvds that Savvy let me borrow, but it is hard to find time! I will start posting what I am doing exercise-wise.
    I just got the basic cookbook because I mostly wanted recipes and a plan to follow. If I have an exact breakdown, I will actually follow it. After my body kinda failed on me, I am going to get the Paleo Book for Athletes asap. I will let you know how it goes! Are you interested in doing it too?
    xo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete