Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week One Complete

I had another extremely vivid food dream. This one was about a bacon cheeseburger that I "accidentally" ate a bite of and then remembered that I couldn't have it. Then my french fries turned into yellow pepper slices and I throw out my bun and, in the dream, I totally wasn't disappointed. Hmmmm.
I noticed that my joints don't hurt. I don't know if it is correlated to the diet, but my right knee usually has a tough time if I squat down to pick something up or go down stairs (I had ACL reconstructive surgery on it a few years ago). I squated down to scavage for shoes today in my closet and got back up with no pain, a total breeze.
I worked out today, off skates, for an hour and a half and never felt dizzy or weak at all, not even a little bit. In fact, I am kinda buzzed off the exercise right now and can't really calm down to sleep!
Here is what I did:
I coerced about 8 of my team mates to stay after practice and work out - I don't like to do it alone.
We set up a circuit where everyone had a different exercise and after a minute, we switched to the next one. We went through the whole circuit 3 times. The first time through was a lot of noodling around and because there were so many of us, but by the second time through we were all working hard without much of a break. Here is what we did, one minute each:
- Jump rope
- backward lungs on a glide disk (you can use a towel or a paper plate)
- squat with 10 pound kettle bell swing
- modified burpees: push up on to 8 pound weights, jump legs in, stand up to bicep curl
- side step up
- skater side lunge jumps fast
- plank rotations
- swiss ball sit ups
Then we did the following together (3 sets total):
- 45 calf raises on each leg (lots in a row with holds at the top so it feels like your leg is on fire)
- 15 lunge/squat combo: forward lunge on each leg, backward lunge on each leg and the two squat jumps
- butt ciruit: on all fours, lift one leg (keep at 90 degree angle), lift with straight leg, draw a rainbow with a straight leg, lift your leg like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant, then swith legs and repeat. Do entire circuit on left leg first, then switch legs.
- 15 bicycles slower than you would ever do them on your own
I am pretty sure I am going to be sore.
Sassy told me today that she started the Paleo diet and today was her first day. YAY Sassy! I am so excited to have another friend to share ideas with.
My favorite meal today was the beef and pineapple kabobs we grilled. I marinated a pound of top sirloin (cubed) in wine and chopped onion. If I was gonna do it again, I would have added garlic and some spices, maybe some thyme. Then I put it on skewers with diced fresh pineapple, cherry tomatoes, button mushrooms and red onion. I steamed greenbeans and drizzled a littel almond oil and slivered almonds on top as a side. Jo and I split a yam as well, which was not that exciting.
Yesterday Jo made mahi mahi grilled and I am not sure what he did to it but I want it every day now. It was spicy and grilled and he made a fresh mango, avocato, cilantro, red onion salsa to go on top. The fish was just frozen from Trader Joes, but it was so good.
This was a recipe my sister shared with me (she is vegan, so is this recipe):
 http://cravingchronicles.com/2010/08/04/banana-soft-serve-ice-cream/
pictures coming, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment