Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Energy Back in Tact

Today I had travel team practice and it was totaly like normal again. I had energy, I didn't feel dizzy or lathargic. My muscles were pretty sore from the workout Monday, but that was the only thing holding me back.
Mace was back from vacation today and talking to her was really helpful. She mentioned that she thinks I am not getting enough carbs and my body might be burning muscle (which is a total BOOOOO. I don't want to burn my muscle!) She said I should start yamming it up after practice and maybe trying a small amount of brown rice. Apparently that is allowed if you are exercising. It is currently 11:44pm and I have brown rice on the stove - you are supposed to consume high glycemic foods immediately following exercise (30 minutes or less). Total fail. Have you ever cooked brown rice? It takes forever! Oh well. Better than nothing. I am making enough so that I can have it tomorrow after scrimmage.
I marinated some chicken in canola oil, lime juice, orange juice (fresh squeezed), chipotle chili powder, paprika, fresh garlic, fresh parsley and ground pepper. Then Jo grilled it and we had it around today to snack on (all caveman style) and it was delicious.
ok good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment